Meet a valued member of our Spinnaker team of experts: Consultant Jason Xie. Spinnaker’s Data Dynamo, Jason has a passion for using data analysis to solve complicated business problems and leveraging data and analytics to empower informed business decisions. As part of the Spinnaker team, he applies that energy and expertise to drive maximum client results with data.
Jason came to Spinnaker with a diverse background at one of the nation’s top media companies, where he leveraged his data science skills and background to generate value through everything from data-driven advertising strategies for political campaigns to machine learning-based product development for enterprise-wide end users. His expertise includes data architecture, predictive analytics, and data product development, as well as SQL, Python, and Tableau.
Jason eats data for breakfast. He thrives on working in complex data environments, where analytics is truly his superpower. He can be counted on for his innovative, relevant, results-focused solutions as well as humorous quips and clever remarks — his sense of humor is perhaps one of his best secret skills. Known for his diligence and humility, Jason is also insatiably curious in both his personal and professional lives. He always asks questions, seeks to uncover new ideas and solutions, and strives to learn, be, and do more. In fact, it’s that drive that brought him to Spinnaker, where he appreciates the opportunity to work side by side with other experienced, passionate leaders whose work ethic motivates him to continue learning and growing every time they roll up their sleeves to solve problems together.
10 Things About Jason:
• First job ever: equipment manager for my college men’s soccer team
• I admire leaders who: are confident, highly self-driven, disciplined, and ready to roll up their sleeves to solve problems
• I cheer for: Wake Forest Demon Deacons and Boston sports teams
• Sports hero: Tom Brady
• I collect: sneakers
• Most useful app: Uber Eats
• Must-read blog: FiveThirtyEight
• On my pizza: pineapples
• Reading right now: Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J.D. Vance
• If I had an extra hour each day, I’d: read more