Meet a valued member of our Spinnaker team of experts: Project Manager Megan Murray. Prior to joining Spinnaker as our Project Management Phenom, Megan gained hands-on experience helping a young organization grow and thrive in an ever-changing environment. It’s exactly what she now does for Spinnaker as part of our Operations team.
Known as a helpful hand-raiser who’s always ready to roll up her sleeves to tackle a challenge, Megan draws her organizational and collaborative skills from her previous role in the non-profit space as well as a multi-faceted internship in the Ohio Governor’s office. Those positions exposed her to the value of doing good, impactful work, and, as well, ignited in her a real passion for learning and improvement — both of which she continues to make a priority today. She’s constantly asking “How can we make this better, more efficient, more impactful?”
Megan is a compassionate team player who always puts the needs of others ahead of her own, going beyond what’s expected to make others’ jobs easier. In fact, it’s the chance to positively impact others and help them reach their goals that swings her feet out of bed every morning. Her ability to juggle multiple priorities while staying cool under pressure makes her a valuable asset to Spinnaker, where our dynamic, fast-paced environment definitely keeps her on her toes. As someone who can always be counted on to do what needs to be done to solve problems and drive success, Megan plays a key role in keeping Spinnaker running behind the scenes, so our entire team of experts can focus on delivering results for our clients.
10 Things About Megan:
- Morning sip: endless coffee
- Secret skill: I learned to fly a plane in high school
- Must-listen podcast: Boss Files with Poppy Harlow
- Secret to success: I’m still learning! I do try to extend empathy to others, to meet them where they are in any given situation, which has helped me find ways to improve how we work together
- I cheer for: Ohio State Buckeyes and Richmond Spiders
- I admire leaders who: are transparent, consistent, and approachable
- If I had an extra hour each day, I’d: read
- Downtime app: Instagram or my daily sudoku puzzles
- Childhood career dream: veterinarian
- On my pizza: usually pepperoni, but lately I’m putting spicy honey on everything!